1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with Samsung LE32R31, advice please.

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Stiffler05, Aug 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Stiffler05

Stiffler05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just recently bought the title tv (32" lcd, hi def ready) and have come up with a couple issues using a new blaze ultimate scart lead that i bought the other day.
    1. When i plug the scart into ext 1 (rgb socket) the rgb signal is distorted and looks worse than an rf signal. Lead is set to game mode btw. It kinda looks like everything is really aliased. It works fine in dvd mode and when i put the scart into Ext 2 (Av socket) on both settings. Any ideas why it would be displaying the rgb signal so badly? Yes I've set it to rgb in the PS2 system config before you ask....

2. Games won't run at 60hz. Despite an apparently great scart lead and a decent tv Pro evo still goes black and white when 60hz is chosen. Any thoughts on this?

Anybodies help would be really appreciated.

Steve.

2. mr-monday

mr-monday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I'd try another scart RGB source to be sure, but sounds like the TV might be faulty.

The 31 isn't the current model (see the huge 41 thread for evidence!) so I don't know how hi-def ready it actually is either.

3. Stiffler05

Stiffler05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I've borrowed a mates blaze cable so will try that tonight.
    As far as Hdtv stuff is concerned its got a dvi/hdmi input, so that should be fine.

4. Stiffler05

Stiffler05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just tried using my cable on another tv and rgb works fine. So i guess it must be my tv. Might there be any settings i need to change, sharpness, dynamic contrast or something. Is anyone using a ps2 in rgb mode on a samsung lcd of this make or similar?