1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with Pioneer PDP435HD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ori, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Ori

Ori

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just bought a Pioneer PDP435HD, its my first plasma so my question maybe beginner questions:

1) I have a dead 'pixel', its always black regardless of the source. Its it normal to have 1 dead pixel in a 43" plasma, or should I insist them to replace it ?

2) My plasma produces some static noise (sound) from the screen itself (not from the speakers). It happens at certain color temperatures, but actually 75-80% of time. Is it normal for plasmas to make this annoying buzz? Its not so strong, my wife can't even hear it, but I find it very annoying .... :mad:

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ori

2. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    as far as the dead pixel is concerned I am sure I have read disclaimers from plasma producers that panels with dead pixels are not returnable, :mad: although don't quote me :confused:

3. Ori

Ori

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick update: after reading some similar posts, I found the magnetic noise reduce in the box. I applied it and there is a slight improvement maybe 20% less buzz .... Still annoying though.

Ori

4. BIGMAX

BIGMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've got 2 dead pixels on my pio 435xde, spoke to Pioneer who said that this is within tolerance although it is very rare that pixels falter (Great) Always seems to happen to me.

They advised me to call them again a couple of months down the line in case they kick back in as they maybe just stuck. The time has come to call again and they are still knackered.