Issues with new Pioneer amp - Please help

GarethH

Standard Member
Well I had a good play last night with the amp. It sounded ok without doing the MCACC setup. I've now run the MCACC and it sounds even worse.

I just seem to be lacking bass with the MCACC setup. My sub hardly gets any bass at all and the sound feels a little flat. My old Yamaha 595a had more bass than this, in fact I almost feel a little why did I upgrade (for a 10 year old amp that's got to be pretty bad). Yes there is certainly clarity there, but just no bass really.

Also, I can't get my iPod to work with it either. I turn it to iPod mode and it switches back to normal mode! The iControl app also doesn't work.

On the plus side, the Upscaling works well and I can certainly tell there is extra clarity with Blu-ray sound.

SevloW

Distinguished Member
My Pioneer was the same - sounded worse after using the MCACC setup so I reset it and did not use it again. Your better off adjusting it to your own ears rather than rely on an automated setup.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom