Issues with my TV Setup.

Nevakonaza

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Got a problem with my TV setup and im not sure whats causing the problem.

My TV setup-
Amplifier - Yamaha HTR-2064
TV- LG 32LV355T
Blu Ray -Toshiba BDX2100
PS3- 160GB Slim model.

When watching Netflix through the PS3 Or just watching a regular Blu-Ray /DVD movie using my Blu ray player the signal cuts out..screen goes black for a couple of seconds then carry's on as normal...just happens random.

It does it maybe one of twice every time i use ut,The screen goes black but the movie is still playing in the background.

I'm not sure if its a problem with my TV or the AMP.

Whats weird though,When playing games on the PS3 this issue does not happen,Only seem to be when watching movies.

What you guys think?

That's not the setup - it's just a list of the devices.
How are they connected?

That's not the setup - it's just a list of the devices.
How are they connected?

Sorry,They're all connected via HDMI.

The Blu ray player,The PS3 are connected to the AMPs HDMI input..then the amps HDMI output goes into the back of my TV..i have a Digital Optical Cable going from the AMP into the TV also for the 5.1 audio.

Its not always done this,just recently started.

Appreciate the help. :)

Last edited:
Try swapping the PS3 and Blu-ray cables over? Just to check if the cable for the Blu-ray is going faulty!
Is your Blu-ray up to date, ie. connected to the internet for updates?

Hi,

I have already tried that,Its not just on my Blu ray player it does it though..also does it on my PS3 when watching Netflix,I'm thinking the problem lies with my AMP somewhere.

what hdmi cables are they and have you changed the one from the amp to tv.

Turn everything off and unplug and reconnect all your HDMI cables at both ends, sounds a bit like a handshake issue so maybe a cable isn't seated perfectly.

Digital Optical Cable going from the AMP into the TV also for the 5.1 audio
That's OK, and as everything else is HDMI it does sound like a "handshake" problem.
That optical must be from the TV to the amp, but what 5:1 source is it for?:confused:

Try connecting your devices directly to your TV. This will tell you if it is the amp that is the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom