Issues with Marantz SR4400

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by xb O Xjc, Aug 31, 2004.

Tags:
  1. xb O Xjc

xb O Xjc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this problem a few times now since I first bought it:

The SR4400 will sometimes "Trip" and shut off, leaving only the Standby light lit and forcing me to switch off my surge protector it's pluged into off then on again (or simply unplug the receiver and plug it back it) to get it to turn on again.

Then...as soon as any rear channel information is sent to the reciever, it trips again. This happened right out of the box, but only when I accidently crossed a +/- speaker wires. Then never happened again until a few weeks ago (I bought the reveiver just 2 months ago). Anytime either ADP was hooked up, it would trip. So I left them off for a few days, then pluged them back in in hopes it would work. They did....until today, a week later.

Started watching Eagles Hell Freezes over, took it to the last, audio only track...half way through it (Vol at about +3) it tripped again.

Whats going on here!? Anyone else have this problem and know what to do to fix it?

My Setup:
    - Reciever: Marantz SR4400
    - Speakers:
    - L/R: Paradigm Mini Moniors V3
    - CC: Paradigm CC170 V3
    - R-L/R: Paradigm ADP 100
    - Source: Modded Xbox

2. s8nsmum

s8nsmum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have exactly the same problem, I sent the amp to richer sounds to be repaired (that is where I bought it) and they sent it off to Marantz. A few days later I get a call saying that there is nothing wrong with it. They then tested it for a week and could not get it to trip, as soon as I got it home it goes off. I have checked and changed every wire and input and it is still knackered, does anyone have a clue what is happening?