Issues with KS Series TV's?

jarbarf27

Novice Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this is against any of y'all's guidelines, but I started a thread in the Samsung Community to get a feel for how many people have had issues with their KS series TV's. Long story...probably still long:

I am being told by Samsung that my out-of-warranty Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA (Costco version of the KS8000 series) is having an "isolated incident" where it will not turn on. I don't know y'all, it seems like I've seen topics with dozens of pages of updates of people chiming in with similar issues on the Samsung Community and other forums.

This seems like a very widespread and well-known issue with these models. The Samsung rep that came to look at my TV even agreed. Most companies would recall and/or make the situation right. Why isn't Samsung recalling these TV's?

Honestly, the fact that Samsung is actively deleting posts on their forum comes across as purposely deceptive and is non-transparent on Samsung's part. It seems that Samsung does not want this visibility of these similar models failing. I believe Samsung should own up to this component/design flaw for us. If y'all have a moment, would you mind chiming in on my thread here if you've had similar issues? I imagine that post will get deleted by the Samsung mods before too long!

Thanks!

This is a UK forum dealing with European/UK standard Samsung TVs.

As you are in the USA with a US version TV I suggest this is the wrong forum to post your 'problem'.

I have a Australian 8000 Series Samsung Model UA55KS8000WXXY.
No Problems Knock on Wood , Bought on 08/09/2016.
Do have also a 8 Bit Panel UA50KU6000WXXY that did Turn Off for about 2 Seconds
and then On again several times in Twenty Minutes .
Solution Unplug TV from Power Board about 20 Minutes , Fixed my Problem.
I did do a Firmware Upgrade as well .
The TV that had the Problem my Son Took it over and no issues so Far.
The Newer TV is a Quantum Dot I use in my Bedroom.
Now I have a LG C9 OLED as a Primary TV.
As you can Guess I'm in Australia , Prefer LG over Samsung.
Hope you Remedy the Problem Cheers.

Apologies if this is against any of y'all's guidelines, but I started a thread in the Samsung Community to get a feel for how many people have had issues with their KS series TV's. Long story...probably still long:

I am being told by Samsung that my out-of-warranty Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA (Costco version of the KS8000 series) is having an "isolated incident" where it will not turn on. I don't know y'all, it seems like I've seen topics with dozens of pages of updates of people chiming in with similar issues on the Samsung Community and other forums.

This seems like a very widespread and well-known issue with these models. The Samsung rep that came to look at my TV even agreed. Most companies would recall and/or make the situation right. Why isn't Samsung recalling these TV's?

Honestly, the fact that Samsung is actively deleting posts on their forum comes across as purposely deceptive and is non-transparent on Samsung's part. It seems that Samsung does not want this visibility of these similar models failing. I believe Samsung should own up to this component/design flaw for us. If y'all have a moment, would you mind chiming in on my thread here if you've had similar issues? I imagine that post will get deleted by the Samsung mods before too long!

Thanks!
Hello,
usually when the TV do not turn on its a hardware problem, mostely overvoltage or problem in communication between components. Usually fixable by mobo replacement (but could be a TCON problem and so on).

The issues with the KS series TVs are rampant. My £2000 KS9000 has the famed flickering issue. Cannot believe there hasn't been a class action lawsuit against Samsung for making these obviously flawed TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom