Issues with HDMI connection to my TV

loz_the_guru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi ALl,

I bought a Boxee box for streaming uses, and i'm having some odd issues connecting it to my TV. I've tried a variety of scenarios, so i'll explain what's going on below.

Boxee to TV with cable 1 - splash screen shows, after that the screen flashes to blue and stays there

Boxee to TV with cable 2 - same as above

Boxee to TV with cable 3 - splash screen shows, flashes to blue, then flashes to black and stays there. If I boot the boxee in recovery mode all is well and I get to choose from the menu, however even after a restore I still can't get past the splash screen

Boxee to Monitor with cable 3 - all is well, boots past splash screen and as normal.

The only thing I can think is that there is some issue with display/input modes on my TV. Either that, or one of the pair is just very fussy about HDMI cables. Any ideas on how I can resolve this? Would a different HDMI cable make a difference? I've attached the manual for my TV as a PDF if it helps at all!

To clarify further, I use a variety of other HDMI devices with no issues with cables 1/2/3, including Apple TV and PS3.

Attachments

• 9a7d0235-9c06-4712-9bad-fc24a51b54c6.pdf
    890.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
How long are the HDMI cables? It does sound like the Boxee though.

Cable 1 is 1m, Cable 2 is 3m, and cable 3 is also 1m.

That length is pretty safe, definitely sounds like Boxee

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom