• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Issues with HDMI connection to my TV

loz_the_guru

Prominent Member
Hi ALl,

I bought a Boxee box for streaming uses, and i'm having some odd issues connecting it to my TV. I've tried a variety of scenarios, so i'll explain what's going on below.

Boxee to TV with cable 1 - splash screen shows, after that the screen flashes to blue and stays there

Boxee to TV with cable 2 - same as above

Boxee to TV with cable 3 - splash screen shows, flashes to blue, then flashes to black and stays there. If I boot the boxee in recovery mode all is well and I get to choose from the menu, however even after a restore I still can't get past the splash screen

Boxee to Monitor with cable 3 - all is well, boots past splash screen and as normal.

The only thing I can think is that there is some issue with display/input modes on my TV. Either that, or one of the pair is just very fussy about HDMI cables. Any ideas on how I can resolve this? Would a different HDMI cable make a difference? I've attached the manual for my TV as a PDF if it helps at all!

To clarify further, I use a variety of other HDMI devices with no issues with cables 1/2/3, including Apple TV and PS3.

Attachments

• 9a7d0235-9c06-4712-9bad-fc24a51b54c6.pdf
    890.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
How long are the HDMI cables? It does sound like the Boxee though.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
That length is pretty safe, definitely sounds like Boxee

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom