Issues with Harmony Elite/Hub repeating commands from the navigation button.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Hope someone can help with this.

I have the Harmony Elite and Hub, it generally works fine, had the odd thing but it's one of these devices that once you've set it up it "just works"

In the last week, the navigation button and only that button has started repeating commands, to the extreme.

I only use it in my Cinema room so it's just controlling a Nvidia Shield TV for Kodi, Netflix, Prime etc. It also controls the TV and AVR but only for the most basic functions as everything goes through the Shield.

When I'm navigating around Kodi or Netflix or when I'm using the navigation button to skip or FFW/RWD it can quite often just go crazy, you push it once or twice and it jumps halfway through the film or skips by multiple levels of content in the navigation.

I've set the repeat to minimum. Disconnected the hub for 10 minutes, wiped the remote and set it all back up and no change.
It doesn't happen as well when I use the app on my phone.
Really don't want to have to buy a new one, it's about 21/2 years old and is currently selling at near max price.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Well, in case anyone is interested or has similar issues I seem to have fixed this (fingers crossed)

I did reset the hub, deleted the remote and set them both back up from scratch and as above this did nothing.

So I let the remote die, instead of charging overnight as usual I just used it until the battery died. Left it to charge last night and it seems to be working now.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom