Issues with a technician opening tv?

swordfish100

Hi Folks,

So I have a few questions prior to a technician comes to do some work on my new QN95A...

So due to the screen drops, and having had 3 replacements with no joy - I am now resorting to having a Samsung-authorised technician replace both the motherboard in the OCB and the motherboard in the TV. I'm a bit uncomfortable with my shiny new £2,200 tv being opened up, but it is my last resort. My questions...

- Are there any potential negative ramifications? The panel is pristine, so I'd be gutted if it caused any DSE. Or any other technical issues.

- Does this do anything to my warranty? If, for example, I chose to return the tv to my retailer, if it does not work.

Many thanks

hrztt

Hi Folks,

So I have a few questions prior to a technician comes to do some work on my new QN95A...

So due to the screen drops, and having had 3 replacements with no joy - I am now resorting to having a Samsung-authorised technician replace both the motherboard in the OCB and the motherboard in the TV. I'm a bit uncomfortable with my shiny new £2,200 tv being opened up, but it is my last resort. My questions...

- Are there any potential negative ramifications? The panel is pristine, so I'd be gutted if it caused any DSE. Or any other technical issues.

- Does this do anything to my warranty? If, for example, I chose to return the tv to my retailer, if it does not work.

Many thanks

No the technician wont touch the panel. He will just replace boards in the tv and the one connect box.
Return the TV if you have issues with it. The QN95A is plagued with hdmi dropouts there is no point of a technician coming when it wont resolve your issues. Other people tried it and its the same.
You can't return it if a technician opens the TV.

John7

Wow! If my new £2k TV had known unresolvable issues like this, I would be returning it and changing out to a different make/model!

Then again, I probably would not have bought it in the first place if was aware of these issues being so prevalent.

swordfish100

No the technician wont touch the panel. He will just replace boards in the tv and the one connect box.
Return the TV if you have issues with it. The QN95A is plagued with hdmi dropouts there is no point of a technician coming when it wont resolve your issues. Other people tried it and its the same.
You can't return it if a technician opens the TV.
A few people have tried with the main board in the OCB but I’ve yet to hear of anyone replacing the one in the actual tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom