Issues connecting TP Link VR2800 to Sky Q box

MW44

Novice Member
Hello,

Is anyone able to confirm that the VR2800 (once connected to Sky Fibre Broadband) will connect to the Sky Q main box? I can get it connected to the internet (following this useful guide How To Use A TP-Link Router With Sky Fibre Optic (kevq.uk)) so that I can connect devices to the WiFi and ethernet to my Mac; however the Sky Q refuses to connect to it via WiFi.

My main telephone point to the house is on the first floor and Sky Q box downstairs in the living room so unable to attempt Ethernet connection.

The Sky Q did connect once to the VR2800 (2.4GHz only, couldn't see an option for 5GHz); however none of the on demand features were working, so when I attempted to start again, it now does not detect any WiFi at all (2.4GHz or 5GHz).

I had to go back to using the Sky Broadband hub which connects no problem over WiFi.

I'll admit I have just learnt about powerline adapters but have now considered getting some TP Link AV1300 Powerline Adapters to see if the VR2800 will work from the main phone line point (over Powerline) to the Sky Q hub. Any suggestions on whether this could work?

Is this just Sky being difficult with connecting to a 3rd party modem/router or more likely user error?

Appreciate any help you can give on this and if anyone else has experienced the same.

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom