Issues connecting to my Sennheiser BT T100 Bluetooth transmitter

johnny7788

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I am having lots of issues connecting my Bluetooth head phones to my Sennheiser BT T100 device.

I have 3 pairs of Ink'd Bluetooth headsets and all of them will not connect to this device. That said, I have no issues with the headsets connecting to my Samsung phone and tablet, they connect just fine. I have two other cheap BT head sets and one of them does connect fine but now that headphone is on the fritz and has other issues. Now I don’t have any headphones that will connect to the BT T100.

The configuration is with a digital optical cable coming out of my TV and into the transmitter. I have the switch set towards the digital optical cable. I've attached the manual.

Is there something that I am not doing right with those units? Or is it just a case that they are not compatible with the BT T100? Do I need to consider purchasing Sennheiser BT headsets?

Just as a side note, I decided to purchase another BT transmitter. I purchased a Taotronics TT-BA09 transmitter, hooked it up, same thing, nothing connects to it.

I'm starting think that I must be an idiot if I can't get any of this to work. It's not rocket science but I appear to be missing something. Like I said, all the headphones connect without issues to my Samsung phone and Samsung Tablet.

Attachments

• BTT100_IM_A01_EN.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
You state none of your headsets “connect”
Have you paired them first?

I have tried many times. Last night after I wrote this, I went back downstairs, pressed the button on the BT T100 for 20 seconds, advice from Sennheiser so that it does a reset. I guess they said that it will remember up to 10 devices. This wipes that info out. After that, I put the unit into pairing mode. Then turned on the headset which goes directly into pairing mode (red/blue). Both units just sit there and flash and after about a minute, the BT T100 light goes red. Headphones keep flashing. Both items are with in an inch of each other. I tested both headphones, both did the same thing.

Then I took the buggered up headphones (they work for a bit and then they crap out - not a Sennheiser issue), paired them up to the BT T100 so I know the Sennheiser unit is working.

In that case it looks as though 2 of your Skullcandy headphones may be faulty.
How old are they?

Did this every get resolved? Im lookign for a trasmitter that will pair two headphines - Sennheiser or not.

Having exactly same issue with connecting bt t100 to bose earbuds ii, works fine with my over ear bose quietcomfort but cannot get the earbuds and the bt t100 to do anything but sit there

Only things I can think of is, have you tried just pairing without the optical cable connected or with the 3.5mm connection only, make sure that all other blutooth devices have been disabled, check the power connection or use a different power connection as sometimes the usb can be a bit weak in power delivery.

Johnny7788 to reception if you are receiving this message. You are over 2 years late.

I found you may need to try again & again. Took me 8 times of pairing before it worked. Also, make sure you remove various other Bluetooth receivers from range - unplug them if needed.

I purchased one of these recently and it arrived yesterday. I have had the same problem. Couldn't get it to pair no matter what. I couldn't find any firmware updates or any support option from Senheiser so was getting ready to return it. However I did a quick search and found this thread first. I am not sure whether it was down to the 15 (actually more like 30) second button press to clear the memory or whether it was because I brought it downstairs to the home office where there would have been no other Bluetooth devices around, but it did finally pair. Neither of these points seem to be mentioned in the manual. The curious thing is that I don't see it show up as a Bluetooth device anywhere. For example, on my tablet. I see the headphone but not the Senheiser BT100?

Anyway, since it now seems to be working, I will test it for a few days to see how it goes.

Update: I paired the headphones with my laptop which then required pairing them back up to the Senheiser again to use with the TV. I am starting to think that tiger660 is correct - its a matter of just keep trying. I must have made 7 or 8 attempts before it paired again. Once paired I could watch a 2 hour movie without any dropouts or other problems.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom