issues burning mp3

gop

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can't see any related posts. My issue is that when I burn mp3 albums using Nero 10, it won't burn the album in its original track order. I can put say 5 albums ready to burn, but Nero puts all the track ones together, then the track twos, thereby fragmenting all the original orders. So is there an easy way around this so I can hear one full CD, and not every first track? Anyone know of software that'll do this? Thanks.

Are you just loading all the tracks to the CD burn, or are you keeping in folders?
If I put multiple albums on a CD (not very often), I burn as ARTIST/ALBUM/Tracks, and this keeps everything together.

Hi, many thanks for your reply. Yes I open Nero express, select mp3 CD, and drag the albums I want, which puts all the track ones together etc. Are you suggesting just dragging the folder across? Would my mp3 car stereo have problems reading files in a folder?

Have you checked what the filenames of your mp3s are?
If they all start with the track number, the player will find all the track ones first;
01-a.mp3
01-b.mp3
02-a.mp3
02-b.mp3
etc
You could manually rename each file so that the album name (or a shortened version of it - or even a number) come before the track number.
album01-track01.mp3
album01-track02.mp3

The same problem befalls my phone which plays all the files from all folders, in filename order.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom