Issue with Virgin Media through labgear hdxs450p - no stable signal at receivers.

Cooperjnr

Novice Member
Good Afternoon All,

I've got a bit of a headscratcher, I've included a simple schematic of my layout at the moment, my HDMI source is typically my virgin media TiVo box and the local display is not typically used.

the labgear splitter connects to a wall plate then has cat6 cables running to 4 locations in the house with only two in use at the moment.

the setup works, i was running my virgin through my tv in the living room for several months without an issue, however i had a power cut recently which stopped the living room tv receiving its signal. I didn't immediately set it up again as i was planning to add the second tv in the kitchen to the system,

However i cannot get anything out of the splitter at the moment. when i plug a local display into a HDMI out loop on the splitter i get a signal coming through, but nothing to the receivers, they have an indicator light showing that POE is on but no stable signal LED is lighting up.

I've tried switching to a different HDMI source(a blu ray player) and again i get a signal through the HDMI loop but nothing to the receiver,

i've since disconnected all remote TV's and am just trying to get the hdmi over ethernet working onto the local display but really drawing up a blank...

are there any suggestions on how to diagnose/troubleshoot further?

1641820519311.png

Many Thanks

Owen

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Ideally you would want 1 x Labgear Transmitter + 1 x Labgear Receiver (which are compatible with your current Labgear kit) and work out of your Splitter or Receivers or both are not working.

Joe

Upvote 0

Cooperjnr

Novice Member
So the labgear transmitter and 4 receivers all came in one box (so i assume they are all compatible!)

I've tried 'known good' receivers with the transmitter and even over the short distance to the local display with a 'known good' HDMI source I'm still not getting anything through other than the POE light on

Upvote 0

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You’ll need to get hold of a working Transmitter - a single Output device should do the trick if it is compatible with your Zone Receivers.

Joe

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom