1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue With Viera Plasma.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GalacticaActual, Aug 26, 2004.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Hi all. just a quick question.
    I have a viera 37" . I am using component cables that I bought from currys a while ago to hook up my pioneer 757ai. the cables are jvc and cost 9.99. will I see a difference in dvd playback with more expensive cables. I am seeing a bit of colour noise/ solarisation type effect on very dark scenes and if there is a large wall of colour in the shot. It is worse with sky tv . will changing cables do the job. should I be able to see any of these types of problems on the viera? (they arnt really bad and generally I am well pleased but dont want to have a faulty plasma if I am not supposed to see things like this)

I await your comments :)

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What you're seeing is one of the limitations of plasmas. My PWD6 does the same although it tends to be at it's worst on the poorer quality satellite channels. On DVD, fog and some underwater scenes are the worst culprits for showing solarisation. The rest of the time the picture is quite stunning. :)

3. docjan_uk

docjan_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm, there are 2048 gradations of over a billion colours and 1536 shades of grey though arent there?
    Ive heard that playing around with the settings can help to really minimise this issue...

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

thats probably what helps to cause the problem in the first place :laugh: