• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Issue with sky q into Denon avr3500

UMAR 3:16

So have setup the system. All is fine expect that at times when I switch from Blu-ray to sky q from the amp (everything is connected to the Denon then single hdmi out (eARC) into b7 arc port) it doesn’t work at times. I have to reset the sky q box by unplugging it and reconnecting then all is fine. Any ideas what’s causing this?

I'd tend to think it an issue with the SKY Q box as opposed to anything to do with the AV receiver? I suppose that you could try replacing the HDMI cable between the SKY STB and the receiver to see if this makes a difference?

Answered: Sky Q blank Screen - Sky Community
I’ve tried that. No luck. It didn’t happen with my old Onkyo amp so thought it might be the amp. I will read up on the link.

Getting exactly the same issue as link described. I think it means I need to wait for a firmware update on the sky q. That’s not good.

dante01

Distinguished Member
In the meantime, I suppose that you could connect the SKY Q box directly to your TV and then passthrough the associated audio using eARC?

In the meantime, I suppose that you could connect the SKY Q box directly to your TV and then passthrough the associated audio using eARC?
Do you mean hdmi into tv and optical into amp from sky box?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Do you mean hdmi into tv and optical into amp from sky box?

No, I mean HDMI from SKY Q directly to TV and then use the HDMI connection bwtween the TV and the AV receiver to convey the audio sourced from the SKY box back to the AVR via eARC.

Ah get you. Didn’t know I could do that. I’ll give it a try thanks

ian986

Established Member
Mine does this to mainly if been watching Netflix or amazon from app on tv just have to pull the power out and plug back in it is a pain but only happens every couple weeks

Sufc1989

Established Member

Was just watching a Blu-ray clip. Switch to sky q. Same thing...

I spoke to sky. They said they are very close to releasing an update

gibbsy

Still not fixed for me with sky q and denon 2200
Nor me with a X6200. If I'm watching Sky and want to access Netflix on my Panasonic OLED then I have to religiously stick to....
1 Switch off the Denon.
2 Wait for the sound to return to the TV speakers.
3 Switch off Sky.
4 Turn the Denon back on.

If a deviate from that I get the black screen that requires a re-boot on the SkyQ 2TB box.

For these reasons I got fed up and cancelled sky

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom