Issue with Onkyo TX-NR696

danielod1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Would really appreciate some advice on the following issues I'm having with my onkyo nr696 amp.

I'm using an Amazon fire cube to stream my content, through the usual services, netflix, Amazon etc. The issue I'm having has only occurred through the BT sport and BBC iPlayer.

The BT Sport app works for a few seconds and then flicks off back to the BT sport menu. The audio also doesn't seem to pass through correctly. This is specifically when streaming content, not on the menus of the app. The flickering is the type that occurs when there's an issue with the frame rate, and it seems the BT app refreshes at 50hz to avoid the horrible stuttering that occurs at the native 60hz the cube normally outputs.

If I connect the cube directly to the TV the output is fine with no flickering or dropping out, so certainly seems to be an issue passing through the amp.

The reason I specifically mention the refresh rate is I've also had the same issue when putting out 50hz watching BBC iPlayer. I adjusted the refresh rate in the cube settings in order to have a smooth image on BBC iPlayer, but again it flickers.

It seems there's an issue passing through 50hz content through the onkyo amp. Has anyone experienced this or know of any solutions?

On a separate note, I occasionally receive the message "amp speaker" when turning on the amp. I've not been able to work out what this message means, but I can't see any issues with any speaker connections so this is baffling also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom