Issue with neighbour's kids, what would you do?

myss

I have an update.

Believe or not, my sibling reviewed the CCTV from the weekend and noticed that some of the next door little darlings removed something on the top of one of the fence panel which allows them to lift it up to let their sibling get in and out our garden. It's not the first time as they did that to another fence panel which was reinforced soon after. The same has happened to this second panel.

My sibling spoke with the neighbours today and, before he could say much, the dad interrupted that even he's fed up with the kids kicking/throwing the balls out and causing my sibling/I hassle in having to clear up after them (too right). He's going to remove a basketball hoop and says he'll lock all the balls up in their garage. We have a massive park 10 mins walk away that they can go to anyway.

The parents were shown a clip of the 2yo on top of the 6ft fence I mentioned which they were surprised at plus my sibling showed them the bits of wood, pens, pencils, apple, etc that we get regularly plus we've noticed yesterday some of the wood in a fence panel having been bent as if to look in. The dad was embarrassed and kept say sorry.

Hopefully things will calm down now although I still suspect they will try to come over as they appear to have some fascination with our garden. Thank you for the recommendations of Pyracantha (sp?). We'll definitely be doing this regardless, I may even invest in some anti-climb paint too!!

shodan

Distinguished Member
I'd bin it all and if asked, I'd say I've binned crap I found in my garden..

oneman

I have an update.

Believe or not, my sibling reviewed the CCTV from the weekend and noticed that some of the next door little darlings removed something on the top of one of the fence panel which allows them to lift it up to let their sibling get in and out our garden. It's not the first time as they did that to another fence panel which was reinforced soon after. The same has happened to this second panel.

My sibling spoke with the neighbours today and, before he could say much, the dad interrupted that even he's fed up with the kids kicking/throwing the balls out and causing my sibling/I hassle in having to clear up after them (too right). He's going to remove a basketball hoop and says he'll lock all the balls up in their garage. We have a massive park 10 mins walk away that they can go to anyway.

The parents were shown a clip of the 2yo on top of the 6ft fence I mentioned which they were surprised at plus my sibling showed them the bits of wood, pens, pencils, apple, etc that we get regularly plus we've noticed yesterday some of the wood in a fence panel having been bent as if to look in. The dad was embarrassed and kept say sorry.

Hopefully things will calm down now although I still suspect they will try to come over as they appear to have some fascination with our garden. Thank you for the recommendations of Pyracantha (sp?). We'll definitely be doing this regardless, I may even invest in some anti-climb paint too!!
Hopefully there will be a positive outcome.

FavouredAntelope

I have an update.

Hopefully this means progress. I certainly think the issue is significant enough to need resolving. I'm always a bit surprised at what people on the internet tell other posters to just put up with. The 'kids being kids' thing is kind of a silly argument. When children are involved, your issue is not with the children themselves it is with what they are being allowed to do by their parents. Parents are responsible for their children's actions and interfering with a neighbour's property to that extent isn't acceptable behaviour.

Last edited:

myss

Hopefully this means progress. I certainly think the issue is significant enough to need resolving. I'm always a bit surprised at what people on the internet tell other posters to just put up with. The 'kids being kids' thing is kind of a silly argument. When children are involved, your issue is not with the children themselves it is with what they are being allowed to do by their parents. Parents are responsible for their children's actions and interfering with a neighbour's property to that extent isn't acceptable behaviour.
I agree. All my siblings and I are parents and understand the little things kids can do but when it goes on and on for years, and we're having to clear up bits of crap in our garden in addition to the balls from their kids more than our own, it can't be put down to being trivial.
Razor wire :rotfl:
Someone else in my family said this too! It's tempting!! :mad::D

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom