• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Issue with LG TV picture, plz help

billamanjaro

Novice Member
Hello everyone, I have a pretty serious issue with my LG TV and was wondering if you guys could possibly help me out with it.

I have had the TV for close to 2 years now and have not had a problem with it before now. The problem started yesterday when I was watching cable. The picture went black, was then eventually replaced by some randomly positioned horizontal lines but the sound was still there. I turned the TV off and waited for a few minutes then turned it back on again, this time I had picture for ten minutes and then the same issue with it going black but keeping sound occurred.

I have now tried other devices using the HDMI, AV and other inputs on the back and each one will give me a picture for roughly 10-20 minutes before the same issue happens.

Any idea on what is happening?

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Something similar happened to ours. I disconnected it completely thinking I would have to take it for repair. For reasons I can't remember now, I reconnected it 24 hours later and it was perfect and has been ever since.
I'm guessing it was a software corruption of some sort.
There may be an easier way of rebooting/resetting it, but all I did effectively was disconnect it from the power supply for as long as possible. Try it overnight at least and see what happens. Hope you are lucky.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom