Issue with HDMI Arc - Anthem AVM60 - Solved

jamzieee

Standard Member
Hi All,

I can't get (anymore) the audio from the TV whilst streaming through into the Anthem processor via HDMI Arc. It did work, the Anthem has just been back for repair and I'm wondering if there is a setting incorrect that I've missed.
  • Virgin box to AVM60 = works correctly, audio output to power amp and picture to Panasonic TV.
  • With streaming from TV, set audio on TV to 'TV' - audio through TV speakers as expected. AVM displays 'no signal', and 'mute'.
  • With streaming from TV, set TV audio to 'Home Theater' - no audio (as expected) through the TV, nothing through AVM60 - displays 'no signal', but is indicating db level.
  • TV is 'talking' to AVM60, as when using TV remote to control volume, get db indicated change on AVM60, but just no audio output.
  • AVM60 input is set for: Picture 'none, 'Audio' HDMI Arc.
  • HDMI lead from AVM60 to TV is plugged into HDMI Arc.
I've tried restarting everything, unplugging etc, but just can't get any audio from the TV to the AVM60.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks

jamzieee

Standard Member
Just an update in case anyone reads this in future.

Tv is wall mounted with cabling though a face plate down to the cabinet. None of this had been touched, and was fully working before the Av was sent away for repair. Connections into the TV are not easily accessible.

Unplugged / re-seated HDMI to TV, but still no response from the AV - 'no signal', but 20s later everything suddenly burst into life......

Pleased it's sorted, but frustrating at the same time.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom