Issue with ghosting/flickering text with my PS4 Pro in 4K/HDR on my new TV

Stokes94

Novice Member
Reaction score

As in the video, you can see how white text in the ammo and the reticle of the gun flickers and ghosts, particular when the screen is "busy" behind it I think (very obvious and more annoying with subtitled dialogue but no video of that sorry). I've tried 2 HDMI 2.0 compliant cables. This only happens with HDR on, and not with just 4K, and it happens in Infamous as well.

As it's a new PS4 Pro and new TV I'm a bit stuck diagnosing where the issue is, as I can't test either one of those on another different device as I have no access. Does anyone have any ideas? I've searched quite a lot and this problem seems fairly unique.

The TV is a LG 49UH650V 49 Inch UHD4K WEB OS Smart LED TV, and it's definitely playing HDR content as it gives a notification and can be checked in the settings of both the TV and PS4 Pro. All 3 HDMI ports allow for 4K/HDR and I've tried two of them and the same issue arises with both.

What settings do you have the TV on? Is it set to game mode? Post a picture of all the TV settings you have on if you can, might be able to spot something. Does it happen on any other games?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom