Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Issue with Cambridge Azur remote

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by cribeiro, Jan 13, 2005.

1. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Hi!

I am a little bit worried about my nice remote control. From time to time, it does not respond. I was thinking it could be because I was usually leaving it near the amp, so it could be affected by magnetic fields of the trafo, but since some time ago I do not do it anymore, and it keeps on failing, to start working the day after, or some minutes later... First I thought it was the batteries, but I used new ones, and I got the same. I swapped them from one remote to another (tv, receiver or whatever), and the others were working fine.
    Sometimes, only few buttons work, and others don't. It is very weird.
    Yesterday it failed again. I tried pressing the power button in the remote covering the emitter with my hand to avoid turning off the amp and cd player. After that, it was working fine again. I thought it could be that it keeps track of the sequence of buttons you press, so it might "think" the device is off. But this is a kind of "conspiracy theory" because I have no hint.
    Any comment, or I should simple get a replacement? It is actually kind of embarrassing, because this is already a replacement. The original one had a crack on the emitter cover. It is still under warranty...