Issue with 52" RCA

FroMagnum

Standard Member
I have a 52" Rear Projection RCA (Got it about 5 years ago, kinda bulky, on wheels). It has 1080i and thats how I always ran it. But one day I rolled it across the living room, and turn it on, and the left side is fuzzy. Now this is ONLY when its on 1080i. 480P works fine, and 720 never worked to begin with. But as soon as I switch to 1080i, its fuzzy. Now keep in mind I'm only using this for my xbox, so Im only using component input. Please tell me if there's anything i can do to correct this short of calling a repair guy or buying a new tube. It seriously is clear on the right side, then slowly fades to a blur on the left side. It almost seems as if the image is showing twice, and is layered on top of itself. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

24 P

It sounds like your guns are out of alignment, assuming you have a tube rear pro.
If its lcd you could be in trouble too.
Having wheeled it, you have some how taken the guns out of alignment and they will need recalibrating.
You have a user manual? I suggest checking this out as most rear pros will allow gun calibration..
I have done this before, its easy, you will be given cross hairs all over the Panel, you calibrate each color cross hair till you get a white x, this is done by moving the green, red or blue over each other 2 remaining colors..
It is time consuming, but then end result is worth it.
3 colors, Red Green and Blue make white or black, depending on the color of the cross hair the manufacturer is displaying..
It is just a matter of getting all 3 cross hairs over each other, generating a newer color..
These cross hairs will be dotted all over the screen, in a unformed fashioned so you can calibrate the screen..
You are just aligning the guns as I said before..
Hope this helps..

:thumbsup:

FroMagnum

Standard Member
I have seen something like that before, but its called autoconvergence. It shows a cross where you have to match 2 colors, but its only one cross and its in the middle of the screen. It does not allow me to calibrate the sides. Am I missing something, or is this what you were speaking of, and tis just different on my model? Never actually heard of gun calibration.

24 P

Gun calibration, auto calibration, same thing, if you can't do the sides, it sounds like you ave done some damage, you might need to call a professional..

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom