bsmn99

Novice Member
Hello Guys,

I have this setup,
1. Marantz SR6015 AVR
2. Optoma GT1080HDR(4k input supported)
3. Apple TV Box 4k
4. Fire TV Stick 4k

HDMI 2.0 Supported cable from the AVR to Projector, as Projector only supports HDMI 2.0
Here goes the issue,
  • Since the projector is only 1080p but the signal from AVR is 4k, projector trying to refresh the signal whenever there is a content quality change from Apple TV or Fire Tv stick
  • Ex: Turning on the AVR, Fire TV boot up, Going to Netflix, then I see a blue screen which is searching for signal from AVR and after few seconds I could see the Netflix opened up
  • I try to play any content from Netflix, then again screen goes to blue then searching for signal, again after few seconds it projects, but behind the scene there is no issue with sound, as it starts playing immediately after clicking anything, only issue with the display projection.
  • By what I observed so far is, AVR trying to give signal in 4K, but projector couldn't handle full 4K seamlessly but its supporting anyhow with some hiccups.
  • Have no issue when I select the Display from fire tv or apple tv with 1080p SDR mode, and no signal refresh.
  • Any possibility that this problem can be resolved using any settings from AVR?

mikemag

Distinguished Member
You possibly have already done it but if not, it might be worth switching the 4K/8K Signal Format from the default Enhanced to Standard Format.

1F6AAB08-1309-4D86-8250-1A5BC8E00E62.png

I have a combi Freeview/Sat box on tv duties and experienced no need of problems until I switched formats.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom