Issue exporting LR catalogue

Darthchaffinch

Using LR2 from my laptop (to store copy on desktop); but it doesn't appear to be exporting the RAW files- how can I check this- it's driving me nuts!! :(

thanks

shotokan101

Banned
Using LR2 from my laptop (to store copy on desktop); but it doesn't appear to be exporting the RAW files- how can I check this- it's driving me nuts!! :(

thanks

In the file export dialogue - have you configured a specific export folder location and set the file format to "original" ?

If so what do you get in the export foler ?

Jim

senu

Distinguished Member
Im not sure just what you are doing?
Perhaps the best way to share a catalogue on more than one PC is to have the files on say an ext HDD,
Then simply use the same catalogue from each PC
Other wise you may need to copy over the collection and create a new catalogue,
You dont need to have actually copies duplicated from original location to create catalogue in LR .... just create the database leaving the files where they are
Ive deleted LR2 on my desktop so Im speaking from LR3 use but Ill check on my laptop which still has LR2 to see if this applies

shotokan101

Banned

Darthchaffinch

:rotfl: Sorry Jim, suffering from have a tooth out and a filling... :(

Thanks Senu/Jim- I use a laptop to take photos off the camera, and to edit them; and every now and again want to copy (and move most) onto my desktop pc upstairs for backup/saving laptop HD space.

Does that make sense?

Cheers chaps.

senu

Distinguished Member
:rotfl: Sorry Jim, suffering from have a tooth out and a filling... :(

Thanks Senu/Jim- I use a laptop to take photos off the camera, and to edit them; and every now and again want to copy (and move most) onto my desktop pc upstairs for backup/saving laptop HD space.

Does that make sense?

Cheers chaps.

It does
However without prejudice to Jims links. The Ideal scenario would be to use say an Ext HDD ( or 2) and base your catalogue on that for each LR.
That way the catalogue will be valid for both PCs, otherwise you need to reimport to Pc.. it isn't that had to rebuild if you keep the tags and don't move the files from the HDD when "importing" into LR
Also if you keep filling the laptop it will fill up ..When you than move things the link will be broken

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom