• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Issue accessing camcorder memory

japanmudpuddle

Standard Member
I have a Sony HDR SR10 thats quite broken, though it does power on. The part I would press to establish a connection with my computer is gone... How can i get to the footage on the hard drive? I was thinking maybe hooking up the hard drive to my computer but its a mini, and i'm not familiar with it. Please Help!

rob12770

Banned
I have a Sony HDR SR10 thats quite broken, though it does power on. The part I would press to establish a connection with my computer is gone... How can i get to the footage on the hard drive? I was thinking maybe hooking up the hard drive to my computer but its a mini, and i'm not familiar with it. Please Help!

dunno mate, but thats why I would not buy a camcorder with a hard drive.. I stick to SD cards.
your hdd, might be sata.. u should not crack open your camcorder though, its quite a newish model you have there

niceblokejohn

Standard Member
I've recently taken apart my HDR-SR12 when it stopped working to do the same thing - the HD is under the cover where your hand goes when you hold it, on the right hand side. There are some screws on the bottom, on that side of the divide, and two, one each, in the compartments on the side. The HD connects via a ZIF socket - I got a ZIF to IDE convertor on Ebay, which did the trick. There is a small "switch" along the edge of the ZIF socket that "grabs" the cable into the 1.8" HD. That allowed me to read the files from the HD onto my PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom