'ISScript.msi is missing from this machine' ERROR

route666

Standard Member
hello there, I hope you can help. I've recently downloaded Sony's SonicStage 4.3 audio software for my Windows Vista enabled laptop. I've installed it alright, but when I try to open the program all I get is an error box:

"OpenMG Secure Module
1: The InstallScript engine is missing from this machine.
If available, pleas run ISScript.msi, or contact your support
personnel for further assistance."

Then when I click 'OK' it comes up with

"Cannot find the OpenMG Secure Module. Exiting SonicStage.
(Error Code: 00005607) "

I've sent a few emails to Sony, but i've had no response.
Any help would be greatfully accepted!

route666

Standard Member
it says on www.atraclife.com that sonicstage 4.3 is vista proof.
I've had a look at that http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=q108322 link, but its going on the assumption that you have a hard copy of the software, i don't have a sonicstage 4.3 disc to look for the setup.exe file.
I have an old sonicstage disc, I'll try that and report back.

Thanks for your help so far people!

route666

Standard Member
...and also the program was working fine at first, it was only last week that the isscript error came up.

i tried system restore, but that didnt work.

and to get Dell over the phone for software support will cost me £20, the tight-arsed little monkeys! :eek:

route666

Standard Member
i've read it, its a total nightmare if you ask me, its written for XP users surely as some of the things dont appear that way on my Vista laptop.

i did this bit:
"When a single installation file is run, it uncompresses the installation files into a temporary location (usually the Temp directory). Use these steps to find the installation in the temporary location:

Start the single installation file, but do not continue or cancel the installation dialogs.
Browse to the Temp directory. For further information on how to find the Temp directory, see Clean the Temp Directory.
Search for the installation file. The typical names for installation files are setup.exe, update.exe, installer.exe, etc. The uncompressed installation file should contain other files in the same directory. Continue with step 2."

but i couldnt get it to work the way they describe!
I dont get it cos sonicstage was working fine the other week

xxxx

i've read it, its a total nightmare if you ask me, its written for XP users surely as some of the things dont appear that way on my Vista laptop.
Don't worry about that. Just download the right script installer and run it.

route666

Standard Member
i've tried some of the downloads from the installshield site, none have helped so far..... but...
Sony have (finally) got in touch with me and are hopefully gonna be helping me.

:clap:

lets hope they can sort me out

thanks folks

route666

Standard Member
i've tried some of the downloads from the installshield site

JokerJack

i think its the script engine try downloading one or search the net to see if you can repair the current one, not sure if you can though... how good are you with the registry as you maybe be able to find the uninstall string, maybe there will be another switch for repair.

good luck

MM22

Standard Member
I am getting precisely the same error message - did you mange to get SonicStage 4.3 working? I used to use it on my Vista laptop but suddenly it stopped working so I uninstalled and then reinstalled it. Installation works ok, but after the required rebooting and trying to open the app, I get said error message.
Can it be a problem in my registry, and if so, how to fix it?
Thanks for help!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom