Israel in turmoil over bill allowing Jews and Arabs to be segregated

I take it now the Labour leadership is only being accused of missing off 3 IHRA definitions, seeing as it's hard to deny that Israel is a racist endeavour when they're actively supporting the discrimination of non-Jews within the country, based on people's race/religion/language?

(previously posted in the Labour anti-Semitism thread but removed as unrelated).

I take it now the Labour leadership is only being accused of missing off 3 IHRA definitions, seeing as it's hard to deny that Israel is a racist endeavour when they're actively supporting the discrimination of non-Jews within the country, based on people's race/religion/language?

(previously posted in the Labour anti-Semitism thread but removed as unrelated).

Not sure we should cross threads here even though I know exacltly where you are coming from :smashin:.

It ain't gonna happen mate , we tried :) and I would much rather the thread stayed open and revelent .

Appreciate the input :thumbsup:.

From chats n natters with a few Israelis on other forums the simple fact that since its inception this was the norm but is now law .

It to me was very clear to me that they ( small demographic) see that apartheid is now law over a democratic state .

I wish you were wrong

First ever: 40+ Jewish groups worldwide oppose equating antisemitism with criticism of Israel

Interesting to see it’s not only posters here (myself included) that are seeing an increasing utilisation of anti-Semitism claims to stifle criticism of the State of Israel.

Yup end of the day it is the easy out to stifle any attempt of criticism of Isreal and it's ruling party . Much like the Donny that uses FAKE NEWS as an easy out for any news outlet that critisised him or his administration. It's basically using seedy bullying tactics where the oppressor feigns being the oppressed . As such any criticism .......

Interesting that still no-one on here has even tried to defend/justify this new bill yet :D

People don't often reveal themselves to be racist though, so not really that surprising.

As a Mod:
1) There is no problem with criticising Israel as a State.
2) Taunting and goading members with a known Jewish background to respond is not on.

I was always told that religion was a choice therefore not a race?

For the purposes of moderation we take the Wikipedia definition:

A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society.

Now there's a debate thread that could run and run lmao

Been done to death in General Chat.

For the purposes of moderation we take the Wikipedia definition:

A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society.

Been done to death in General Chat.

Thanks, so vague it doesn't leave the door open at all.

Not your fault obviously

It would be funny that only humans have race if it weren't so depressing.

I think the word 'race' might be considered a little old fashioned now, the word 'ethnic' or 'ethnicity' being used instead.

In a wider context 'species' is possibly more likely used. However, the word 'race' is still in common use.

WE are all of the 'human race' after all :)

The definition we use was determined to be the best one so as to avoid shutting threads down. Probably best we move on in this one.

For South Africa's apartheid sanctions where used to change goverment policy.

Do you think similar actions will come into effect if this gets pushed thought and implemented?

(removed quote as not aimed at any particular person)

Possibly, depends on what the actual implementation and actions will look like. And if it warrants it then why not in my opinion.

As per the post by @robel in the thread that isn't about this topic :p

I'm changing my position, the original worded bill was awful and words failed me. However it wasn't actually that bill that was passed at all, it has been reworded and the discriminatory elements didn't actually make it in the approved version.

Full English text: Read the full Jewish Nation-State Law

So if the above is correct and accurate, then I don't see the issue with it.

As per the post by @robel in the thread that isn't about this topic :p

I'm changing my position, the original worded bill was awful and words failed me. However it wasn't actually that bill that was passed at all, it has been reworded and the discriminatory elements didn't actually make it in the approved version.

Full English text: Read the full Jewish Nation-State Law

So if the above is correct and accurate, then I don't see the issue with it.

The text was changed from the early version but this is the same policy isn’t it? These two points stand out as the same pro-Jewish/Anti-Palestinian policies as before;

E5F55A78-2D88-4FBE-AE2D-2100C112E339.jpeg
DA0EEA2A-9908-41A2-9C56-69EF509DFDFC.jpeg

The text was changed from the early version but this is the same policy isn’t it? These two points stand out as the same pro-Jewish/Anti-Palestinian policies as before;

View attachment 1045699 View attachment 1045700
As per Robel words previously. Nothing controversial there unless you want to deny its right to existence. But those were previously the controversial paragraphs either, so nice attempt to shift the goal posts.

As per Robel words previously. Nothing controversial there unless you want to deny its right to existence. But those were previously the controversial paragraphs either, so nice attempt to shift the goal posts.

How am I shifting the goal posts? That’s the exact same text I read last week and you even called the policy indefensible yourself. Why has your view changed in the space of a few days?

31236200-1593-42B8-A365-C7368BD14975.jpeg

Check the date..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom