Would You Be Able To Live In Gaza?

• Yes

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 209 93.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters
Don't think we are meant to discuss Israel's crimes against humanity on here the last thread disappeared without trace yesterday.

Only the International Criminal Court can deal with this as it dealt with the ethnic cleansers of the war in Bosnia. Lock them up for life.

A senior Hamas man lived in the block.

Was that sufficient reason to raze it to the ground?

Who else was in the block?

Grenfell was one thing, this quite another

Israel has a long-held policy that people who commit a terrorist attack on Israeli soil can expect to have their home destroyed. It's a deterrent against terrorism, and in their defence, they always give advance warning so people have enough time to get out (and inevitably film it for social media).

Israel has a long-held policy that people who commit a terrorist attack on Israeli soil can expect to have their home destroyed. It's a deterrent against terrorism, and in their defence, they always give advance warning so people have enough time to get out (and inevitably film it for social media).
It's collective punishment. They often bulldoze the homes of the families of people they've killed. It's disgusting and the international community should make it abundantly clear that it's not acceptable.

Well that's not true. People are routinely displaced with no warning whatsoever. And in many cases they are innocent and have committed no acts of terrorism.

Part of the Israeli strategy to deter.

Well that's not true. People are routinely displaced with no warning whatsoever. And in many cases they are innocent and have committed no acts of terrorism.

Part of the Israeli strategy to deter.
When the Israelis target known Hamas terrorists, innocent civilians and their property do sometimes get hit too, due to the densely populated nature of places like Gaza.

But the difference between the IDF and Hamas is that the IDF don't actively target civilians whereas Hamas do.

The IDF destroyed a whole tower block for one Hamas individual.

How is that Not Targeting Civilians?
Last night a Norwegian man on the radio said that his Norwegian colleague in Gaza, (an NGO?) his pregnant wife and small child escaped with their lives when the building next door was hit.

When the Israelis target known Hamas terrorists, innocent civilians and their property do sometimes get hit too, due to the densely populated nature of places like Gaza.

But the difference between the IDF and Hamas is that the IDF don't actively target civilians whereas Hamas do.
Why not go a step back...If the Israeli government stopped stealing Palestinian land and homes perhaps the first rockets wouldn't even be fired. And I won't even mention that they should return to the 1967 borders, or thereabouts.

Israel will continue to steal land and homes and take lives until they have secured the whole of Jerusalem as their capital.

My brother (BBC News employee and erstwhile Israeli source)

Reports that sometimes you get a phone call to vacate an apartment in 3.5 minutes, sometimes 90 minutes.

But it WILL be destroyed.

I can't imagine life like that
No, most normal decent human beings can't.

It baffles me when posters like crossbencher defends Israel against these barbaric attacks.
Like he did in the deleted thread.
I know this is a simplistic view and there have been atrocities carried out on both sides, but mainly by Israel, but I'm sure that if someone came and evicted him from his home he would just ask if he could pack a bag and happily hand over the keys as he walked out.

That's not the point I was making. I was replying to your assertion that there's always warnings given and Israeli forces act with decency in the matter of displacement. They most certainly do not.

So idf snipers never shoot innocent men women or childen or aid workers?

The IDF destroyed a whole tower block for one Hamas individual.

How is that Not Targeting Civilians?

It's a crime under international law without question.

Israel quite simply is a criminal state guilty of war crimes, ethnic cleansing, mass murder and crimes against humanity. That cannot be refuted, the illegal land grabs and mass civilian casualties are there for all to see and documented by hundreds if not thousands of sources.

Palestinians have their home destroyed when Israeli forces decide they don't want them there.

They don't always give advance warning. If they did should we revaluate the bombings carried out by the IRA as they most of the time they issued advance warnings?

This notion 'retaliating' is a pretty thin argument. These things don't happen in a vacuum. Bulldozering peoples homes, shooting in to crowds of people, continuingly stealing land you wouldn't accept that if it happened to you.

A 'deterrent against terrorism' clearly it is not.

Netanyahu deliberately provoked this reaction to divert from his personal issues with criminal charges and not being able to form a government.

No, most normal decent human beings can't.

It baffles me when posters like crossbencher defends Israel against these barbaric attacks.
Like he did in the deleted thread.
I know this is a simplistic view and there have been atrocities carried out on both sides, but mainly by Israel, but I'm sure that if someone came and evicted him from his home he would just ask if he could pack a bag and happily hand over the keys as he walked out.
I do wonder how a persons mind is programmed to see this as something it is so clearly not.this is not about israel defending itself.its simply that they want a lot more land and will do anything to get it.this time they started with the provacation at al aqsa with the barriers for no reason.they know how to get a reaction to then justify their response.
Your analogy re being evicted is spot on.
The UN has a lot to answer for as it has passed so many resolutions against israel but no sanctions.
And just in case anyone didnt know israel treats muslims and christians with the same venom so this not a simple jew vs muslim "thing"

So how many innocent civilian deaths are acceptable? You OK with 90% of total deaths?

I said in the Biden thread earlier this morning, I don't remember ever seeing the situation this bad before. It could become very dire in the next few days. Not that it isn't already, I've seen some absolutely horrendous stuff.

A big test for the Biden administration this.

It's a mess. I'm not sure how anyone can take sides in this shambles.

One side fires rockets indiscriminately at the other. The other side destroys a tower block.

Neither side are really bathing themselves in glory here.

I posted this article yesterday in the deleted (via OP's request?) thread. In case anyone wants it again.

Another two as a quick intro. Hoping things don't escalate any further.

I think i can take sides.stop nicking peoples land and homes.stop abusing people who have lived there a very long time.
Violence is wrong regardless but what would you or i do in this scenario?

I think i can take sides.stop nicking peoples land and homes.stop abusing people who have lived there a very long time.
Violence is wrong regardless but what would you or i do in this scenario?

If a group of people were lobbing rockets at my house and family I'd probably retaliate with everything I could.

If those group of people wanted me and my family eradicated from earth because of our race/religion or whatever, I'd also be a little paranoid.

And to be fair, they were given the land by a third party (parties). Others then tried to forcibly remove that land from them.

There's no winners here. But I'm not sure demonising one side and excusing the behaviour of the other is the way forwards.

My brother (BBC News employee and erstwhile Israeli source)

Reports that sometimes you get a phone call to vacate an apartment in 3.5 minutes, sometimes 90 minutes.

But it WILL be destroyed.

I can't imagine life like that

That's insane and horrific. For a tower block of four storeys are more, how can you safely evacuate everyone in less than five minutes?

Even if you get everyone out in time, that's still more homes destroyed, more casualties, more people driven to Hamas. On top of the land grabs and displacement of Palestinians, it's madness.

Hamas' rockets versus an Israel supported by the world's richest country (for now) with the most powerful military.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom