ISP recommendations

ferret1979

Established Member
Reaction score
I am just about to ditch BT Broadband and want something that is cheaper.

I have a router I can use, so free equipment isn't an issue.

We have SKY at home, was thinking about SKY Max at £10 a month.

Can anybody recommend anyone else, mainly used for web browsing, some downloading, little p2p, no need for web space or email addresses

We wouldn't be needing to migrate as we have two landlines at home, and stopping BT on one, and starting a new service on another.

Thanks for your help

Ferret1979

To be honest the sky package is hard to beat for value & the connection itself is a good one.

The downside is 12 month contract & sometimes customer service can be poor. The start up/activation can also tend to be a bit of a lucky dip with some like me & many others having no problems at all, while others reporting router arriving late and/or line being activated late etc.

Since you dont seem to be that heavy a user maybe their base (free) or mid (£5/month) services would be better suited to you?

Otherwise I would recommend Newnet's lite package @ £13/month or an Entanet reseller like ADSL24 @ £20/month depending on the amount of data you will use per month. Both are excellent ISPs with one month contracts. Sky still beats them both on value for money though.

By the way you would be better migrating your existing serivice, unless you want to have no broadband for up to 2 weeks & want to pay a new activation charge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom