ISP Recommendation

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by TheRev, Jun 7, 2008.

1. TheRev

TheRev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Gents,
    I would recommend Zen. I've been with them for years, and they have been totally reliable. The other thing is that they are independent, and so are not part of the Carphone Warehouse! Bonus!!:)

2. TTT

TTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am with you here. Phone answered by humans, in this country, more or less immediately. Tech support is always there and always knows the answer. I have a couple of their low-contention business packages and a capped home service too. It seems expensive when compared to the mass-market services, but is fast, reliable, manageable and supported. Great value.

Also, I have requirements for VPN connections, remote access and various other bits and bobs. Not only do you get several static IPs if you want them, but also no ports seem to be blocked. Tiscali, Sky and others take note.

By the way, I do not work for, or sell their products. Just a very satisfied customer.

3. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    I'd recommend a different ISP for different people, depending on their needs....

4. dalar

dalar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    A few years ago I don't think I would of chosen my ISP based on where their customer service center is located.... today for me its absolutley vital, I don't want to talk to 'Deepak' in another country who says his real name is 'Dave' and get the feeling that I know more about networking than they do. (I've gone O2 btw - uk call cent.)

5. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I also have been with Zen for many years, and they have been ace, can you stop telling everyone else about them. :D
    As i dont want my lines getting clogged up.

6. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,406
    I was with Zen last year. Really good but it's just unfortunate they've got a rather stingy 20GB limit on their £25 product or I'd probably still be with them.

7. rm010

rm010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Very happy with UK Online. Can't fault them, and downloads don't appear to be limited at the moment.