• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

isp for a mac 10.6

eddgreen25

Established Member
i have no isp ans this xmas im getting a mac laptop
looking at BT they dont support OSX 10.6 snow leopard
i cant find if sky broadband connects with this?

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
A Broadband router (the device that you use to connect to the Internet) does not care what type of device or what OS is connected to it. ISPs only specify certain OSes so that their Installation Software (which is not needed anyway) can run.

In other words you can use any ISP.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
A Broadband router (the device that you use to connect to the Internet) does not care what type of device or what OS is connected to it.

Well, all devices you're likely to want to connect to a home router all support the same standards but the result is the same.

So the broadband itself will work fine. BT's lack of support means that if there are any issues with your computer relating to the internet then they won't help you troubleshoot them. They should fix any trouble relating to their service or the homehub.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
However the point is that here is no such thing as router compatibility with an Operating System.

yeah I know but I'm trying to make it understandable for the OP that it will work and my context with any bundled software they might give and that BT probably do support it even if their website is not listed

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
yeah I know but I'm trying to make it understandable for the OP that it will work and my context with any bundled software they might give and that BT probably do support it even if their website is not listed
It needs pointing out, as I did allude to earlier, that the 'bundled software' is at best unnecessary and at worst bloatware.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom