• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Isolation under Monitor Audio R One HD

micks_address

Prominent Member
Hi Folks,

I have a monitor audio r one hd arriving in the next few weeks. It will be placed under my TV on a glass shelf.

I was wondering if i should put some kind of foam/isolation under it though and if it would make any difference to its performance?

Thanks,
Michael

Jase

Distinguished Member
Could always place it on several Auralex MoPads. Got my centre speaker sitting on them. Works well as they come with extra foam pads so you can angle the speaker up or down. As a bonus it stops the speaker being scratched (or scratching the surface it's sat on).

micks_address

Prominent Member
they are quite pricey though. I've seen suggestions of using blu tack.. as a trial anyway.. might try that first..

Could always place it on several Auralex MoPads. Got my centre speaker sitting on them. Works well as they come with extra foam pads so you can angle the speaker up or down. As a bonus it stops the speaker being scratched (or scratching the surface it's sat on).

Jase

Distinguished Member
Be a bit careful with blu-tac. I've used that before and it ended up pulling the painted surface off my speakers. Try some squash balls cut in half.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom