a rix

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I've been told that putting isolation pads under my bookshelf speakers will improve sound quality they are currently sitting on the small silicone feet that came with. The speakers are monitor audio silver 50 7g radius 200 and radius 90s. Is there any truth in this and if so what would you recommend

Do you have your speakers on stands? if so the silicone feet will be all you need.

I agree with the above. If you have them on a cabinet then the answer is yes they may make a difference as the cabinet itself can act like a resonance chamber especially if that cabinet is of a flimsy build quality.

They are sat upon a wooden cabinet
In short, then you do need isolation pads. Do you have a turntable on the cabinet if so I would advise getting speaker stands, they are not too expensive you can get good ones for under £50 they would do a better job than isolation pads, this is assuming you have space for them.

These are also very good vfm imo - you get 12 in a pack and can stack them if needed.. I use them under my heavy (large MA silver C350 - with no issues:

Raise It Isolation Feet for Speaker Vibration/Ventilation and Cooling for Consoles PS4, PS5, Xbox, PC, DVD Player, Internet Router/Universal Fit/Non-Slip / 12 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/aj7YmNb

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom