1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isn't someone here having their Sagem 56 Fixed?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kmhtkmhtkmht, Sep 22, 2005.

1. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wondering how you got on with the Engineer Boss Man today...

2. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I've got the HD-D45 and Andrew updated the software and fixed the problem with the component today (The Green Tint)

The main problem I was having was the screen getting brighter then darker which didn’t happen while he was there, it did do it a little bit but not like the flash I’ve had before.

He did offer to replace the part that helped control the lamp but we decided it would be best to leave and see if the software update had fix the problem.

The only other problem I’ve now got is the colour settings have been changed in the new software and if you’re using the four built in settings the only one that’s any use if your using a PC is studio which makes the paper in word look grey.

The sports mode makes it far too bright and the contrast is also too high to the point where light grey is white and if you’re using standard mode grey has a purple tint. That only leaves cinema mode which is far too dark and white looks grey.

I’ve tried setting custom settings but I’ve had no luck. I’ve tried using the settings that Home Cinema recommends and also some settings on the site none of them help.

You can only see these problems on DVI and VGA if you’re watching normal TV it don’t look that bad. If any one has settings that might make the picture look better please post them.

Andrew is going to come back at some point another look.

3. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am seriously considering returning the set as obviously there is an inherent fault in the set... I hope the flashing problems go away for you but what's the number for the Sagem Engineers?

I am gonna get them to come up obviously for firstly a repair, and if this is not possible then I am going for a full refund. That flashing thing is WELL annoying as the brightness of the screen is obviously then tampered with a lot.

4. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Try contacting

Andrew Gorman

Technical Support Manager B2C
    SAGEM Communication UK Ltd.
    TEL : 0044 1932 572 923
    E-mail : andrew.gorman@sagem.com