1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isit true

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dharans69, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Dharans69

Dharans69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That the Toshiba's Picture Frame TV's have a tube fault. I have heard (from a service engineer) and read a few members of the forum who have had to have their tubes replaced.

If so does this just apply to the picture frame 2 TV's? Is the same tube used in the picture frame 3's? Have Toshibe acknowledged that they have a tube fault.

I have recently returned a Panny 32PPD30 and am now looking at a Toshiba 32ZP48, but have concerns regarding the reliability of the picture tube, especially if outside the warranty period the tube packs up, which can be up to 1/2 the cost of the set. :eek:

:lease:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Buy with 5 year warranty and relax mate.

3. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Over the life of a TV, the manufacturer may have the odd or even a run of 'dodgy' batches of tubes.. or they may change the 'spec' or design of the tube, and even switch manufacturers..

The result is that sometimes you get runs of TV's that exhibit the problem..

I've seen a few ZP38's that have been as close to perfect as they can get.. no dirty smearing, no dirty lines.. but I've also seen one or two that have.. and although the same goes for the ZP48, the only one I've seen was well setup, with no dirty screen syndrome..

As for 'faults' well, undfortunately, they sell shedloads of the ZP38/PD30 etc, and its only the minority (us) that spot these things.. the average joe just switches it on, puts a film on and watches it.. only obvious visible defects that can be seen under normal viewing would be considered by the manufacturer...

4. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have just had my PF2 replaced for the new PF3 (be with me on Wed), as the
    tube went dead after only 10months. My set was a good one with no problems until the tube failed.

Im praying now that they have sorted the tube issues out, as I have been watching a 21inch portable for 6 weeks. :eek:

Regards
    Mass

5. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm undecided about whether to get a PF2 or pay a bit extra for the new PF3, so look forward to seeing a post from you after you take delivery tomorrow.

Looking through the forums nobody seems to have the ZP48 model yet and I need to get one pretty quick as my old Philips has finally died and I'm stuck with a 14 inch portable without a scart!