ISF Calibration in Norfolk / East Anglia ?

HenryHonda

Established Member
Reaction score
:lease: First plasma - TH-37PV500 - on the way :) . After running-in am considering ISF calibration (already have DVE).

Anyone in Norfolk/East Anglia ? Have read on these forums that facilities in the PV500s, compared to the PHD8 panels, not as good for effective adjustments.

Advice / comments very welcome :)

I'm also in East Anglia (not far from Kings Lynn), and would also be interested in ISF (picture and audio) calibration if someone's interested in venturing into these here parts!

My kit comprises a Seleco SVP 320 Plus projector, Pioneer DV-353 dvd player, and a Sony STR-DB795 receiver...as well as Mitsubishi S290 lcd projector which is used for the x-box only.

In terms of speakers I have two Mission 762i's handling front left and right, a Monitor Audio Silver 10i 6605 centre, four wharfedale's handling side and rear surround, and a Sony SA-WM250 sub.

The Seleco SVP 320 Plus was setup by Chris Frost (so it looks pretty damn good), but according to his expert eye it could benefit from some additional ISF tweaking.

Guys give piers or gordon a pm, both members of this forum.

Gordon, I might be up for a visit too...I live far enough away from the mad lottery guy that you should be fine :)

In fact, I'll pm you about some possible scaler requirements I've got...

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for that, didn't refer to you straight away as you're some distance away. But looks like I could at least split travel costs with Nebby in Cambridgeshire :) . I'm just off the A11 20 miles South of Norwich.

However, can't rush into this - as stated, haven't got PV500 yet, and need to run it in. 200 hours needed?

What are the calibration limitations with the PV500 compared to a PHD8? I read somewhere else on these forums that there isn't as much flexibility - and I thought someone said it's not possible to adjust the overscan? (would have bought a PHD8 if it was available in 37" !) :(

As for our local lottery lout, he's moved house a couple of times - luckily further away :) - so no more need for the bodyguards! We're a more refined bunch here in Breckland ;) .

Care to PM me with estimated travel costs?

(P.S. Wonder if, with your extensive experience, you could comment on my question on the DVD Player forum here ?)

Cheers

Hi Gordon

Were friendly folk out here, just ask my neighbour Tony Martin. He lives a mile or two away; but don't worry, he's friendly enough now that he's had his shotgun taken away.

So what's the procedure for taking this forward?

Gordon got in first with a reply so I'm not trying to spoil. From my previous existence - Land Agent - I am well used to coping with deranged farmers :D and over the course of a 30 year career was threatened with shooting just twice. East Anglia would be a breeze :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom