ISF and projectors

StooMonster

Prominent Member
Reaction score
If I had my projector (and/or the Lumagen Radiance driving it) ISF'd after 100-hours are up, will it need doing again when the bulb is changed?

StooMonster

Yes you will mate and you'll probably need to get it done again as your bulb ages.

Thanks, wow ISF can get expensive for projectors then?

StooMonster

Thanks, wow ISF can get expensive for projectors then?

StooMonster

HI Stoo much bette ridea is to speak to your local calibrator as many of them can and will offer reduced rates for recalibration if the bulb is changed then there is far less to change than in a full first time calibration and as you have a lumagen alot of the adjust ment can be done there. I suggets you ahve a chat to a couple of local ISF qualified and experienced calibrators and see what they would charge.

Yes it will need done when lamp is changed, probably and there may be some change over the life of the lamp itself. different devices behave differently though....some lamps last under 1000hrs...some several thousand hours...that could be 6 months to 6 years dependant on useage....

Going to be plugging my JVC DLA-HD350 in this week.

Wonder how long bulbs on that should last? I've been told to get 100-hours on it before it's ISF'ed, does that sound right?

StooMonster

Yes the reason you wait until after 100hrs is just incase anything goes wrong with your projector before that and you have just paid for an ISF :mad: Usually if you get to the 100hr mark and all seems fine with your projector then it's usually safe to get it ISF calibrated :thumbsup: I would say getting it ISF calibrated is a must if you want an accurate image especially with the amount of money you have spent on your kit :D Once it's been done you can sit back and enjoy knowing you have a great accurate image ;)

I would say getting it ISF calibrated is a must if you want an accurate image especially with the amount of money you have spent on your kit :D
Yes, I've had at least two plasma calibrations from Gordon in the past :smashin: And I have a Lumagen Radiance ready for perfect greyscale reproduction on the plasma and new projector waiting. :)

Once it's been done you can sit back and enjoy knowing you have a great accurate image ;)
Until you need a new bulb ;) How are those LED projectors coming? In the meantime, I'll definitely get it done.

StooMonster

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom