1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISCO II Anamorphic Lens Setup

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by VintageMark, Jul 1, 2001.

1. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi..

Does anybody have any experience with these?

I'm new to the projector scene and have one of these sat in front of my HT200... just wondered if anybody has any tips? The instructions were none too comprehensive...

I see more curving at the edge of the image than I expected (I presume this is the so called pincushion effect of such lenses?)...

Any help/tips gratefully received!

Many thanks..

Mark.

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    I believe this lens does cause some 'barrelling' of the image, but I thought you could lose most of this by zooming the image out so you would lose the distortion outside of the screen area. You may not have it angled quite right.

Go to www.avsforum.com and post a similar message there on the LCD, DLP forum. Larry Davis was just one guy there that had an ISCO, so he should be able to give you some advise. Use the search engine for lots of history on the lens.

Gary.

3. dannyc

dannyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark,
    Out of interest where did you get your ISCO and how much did you pay for it. I was on the pre-order for the panamorph but I can't wait any longer so I'm now in the market for an ISCO.

Dan

4. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi..

It was $1450 for the lens... $76 for shipping (which was superb, it was here within 48 hrs of ordering!)

I bought it from http://www.avscience.com/

Did get taxed on the way in of course.. I think that was between £100 and £150...

Hope that helps..

Mark.