1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISCAN - what does it do??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by FaxFan2002, Jul 17, 2003.

1. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Hi,

I have seen a lot mentioning of the ISCAN ultra thingymijig - basic questions is what is it and what does it do?

Would it be applicable in my scenario where everything goes into a video switching amp and then output to the panel (apart from the dvd which will have a direct connectionto panel via compon. connections) ? I will (panel arrives monday) be using S-Video (for NTL cable, XBox,DVD recorder) & Composite (PS2, GameCube and owt else).

Comments, suggestions and experience welcome!!

Cheers,

Robin.

2. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why are you using svideo and Composite?

Anyway, the iscan ultra is a deinterlacer - you send it interlaced stuff and it spits out p. scan stuff. Wether you need it or not depends on what display you use - what model plasma have you ordered?

3. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FanFax2002,

The Iscan is a de-interlacer with some additional benefits.

Basically you put an interlaced signal in, get a progressive signal out. Output, via both digital and analouge, up to 576p.

I would imagine usefull if you havn't a progressive scan DVD player or indeed want to improve 'television' picture performance.

In your scenario, DVD if not Progressive, via the ISCAN as could NTL. Have a look at www.tmfsolutions.co.uk for more information.

Ive not used one before, so no idea of how good the quality of output is.

Cheers

Tony