1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iScan Ultra using DVI out into Panny 6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johndonovan, Jul 27, 2003.

1. johndonovan

johndonovan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had a chance to try this yet - if so what is the feedback?

thanks

2. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Good question John, also can SKY boxes be modded to output DVI for the express purpose of connecting to a plasma.

Steve.

3. johndonovan

johndonovan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't know if you can modify a Sky box, but you wouldn't need to as the iScan Ultra will output any of its inputs via its integrated DVI output. So,for Sky you could go Sky RGB Scart to JS Tech RGB -> Component converter, then into iScan Ultra, then DVI out of this into the panel.

Liam, at AV-Sales, looks like he has all the necessary gear, and I was just wondering whether he'd had a look at this yet.

4. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Woops, need to wake up. Sorry I was talking about direct DVI out which of course is not needed.

When I was a AV-Sales he only had component into the Panasonic-6 and from what I saw in 1 hour the Iscan was not needed to resolve the 'chroma bug'. And I did not see flicker, but it takes a while for it to affect me unless it's as obvious as some older plasma's.

With the recent 'flicker' comments I am now slightly worried.
    If the Iscan will connect via DVI and correct any flicker issues then I can purchase safe in the knowledge that if I ever see this flicker on the series-6 I can fix it easily.

Steve