1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IScan + Progressive Scan DVD

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Giblets, May 14, 2002.

1. Giblets

Giblets

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a DVD player with progressive scan included (Toshiba SD900). I'd like to connect this to my Iscan box, but the documentation states that the Iscan input should not be progessive.

I'm using component out and the DVD player is modified to output progressive on region 1 and 2 disks.

I can't see how to disable the progressive output and don't want to bypass the iscan box.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

The iScan won't accept a progressive input because it does the same thing as your dvd player. Considering the cost of the iScan, it's deinterlacing may be superior to that of your dvd player.

All you can do is to feed the iScan with a interlaced component signal from your dvd player. There should either be a seperate set of output connectors for interlaced component or progressive component or a switch (physical or on a menu) to enable or disable the progressive component output.

I'm not sure if the iScan has a rgbhv passthru (or if your display device has another rgbhv input) but another alternative (for $200 or so) would be to buy a Key Digital kdctc-2 box which would convert the progressive component to (progressive) rgbhv.

Brian

3. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

If you are trying to disable progressive scan output from your Tosh 900e, open the flap on the bottom half of your Tosh's remote and press the Y/PB/PR selector button at the top left of the panel.

This switches the player between PS and Interlaced. It will display what mode your in at the top left of the screen (tv screen), press again to change it. The screen will appear distorted as the tv changes frequency from 50hz to 60hz or vise versa.

What I probably suspect is your trying to do this with a R2 disk inserted. Replaced the R2 with a R1 disc and it will work or stop the player, press setup then press the Y/PB/PR selector button.

I hope I haven't missed the point here, it seems a bit obvious.

Good luck