1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iScan problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Claus, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Claus

Claus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am testing an iScan HD. Sending a component signal from the DVD player and component signal out from the iScan.

My problem is that when I'm watching PAL movies with a 1080i resolution the picture is leaning to the right side of the screen. This doesn't happen with NTSC material.

Can someone explain what to do?
    Thanks

Claus

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can't help with your problem - sorry.

But does the picture actually look any better after all that processing ?

I mean the iScan is deinterlacing and then interlacing and scaling the source only for the display to then deinterlace and then scale the image once again :eek:

The image quality from my Denon direct to the screen is pretty damn good...I hate to think of it having all that extra processing.

Have you not tried using the VGA input on the front of the screen and sending it it's native res ?

What is it that you are trying to achieve ?

The viera range are not best suited to use with external scalers and the 868AVi players are not known for having a very good component output either.

Cheers, Lee

3. Dale Adams

Dale Adams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    When you say "leaning" do you mean the picture is bent, or is it simply horizontally displaced to the right (i.e., off-center)?

If the latter, then try increasing the horizontal front porch to 720 pixels. This makes the iScan's output at 50 Hz compliant with EIA/CEA-861B. Some displays expect to see this timing and will show the image severely offset to the right if the same horizontal timing is used for 50 Hz as for 60 Hz.

- Dale Adams