Iscan pro

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tiberious, Feb 1, 2001.

1. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a group buy at AVS which ends tomorrow. Price is great !!(can`t divulge on forum)

Do I get one? will it work okay over here (plugs/voltage etc)?

I read it`s` great, but not sure if I should wait for the new wave of prog players instead (I need a new player anyway - so ,say, a TOSH 200 +iscan pro OR new Denon2800 or equivalent)

Damn !! I hate making these choices !!

To use with HT200 Projector.

Thoughts ??

2. Ludae

Ludae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It comes with a universal power module 100-240V AC 50/60Hz and is a multi-standard processor.

Buying the iScan Pro will, of course, allow you to de-interlace any video source. More versatile and cost effective an option IMHO.

3. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    With regard to the iSCAN or progressive player it seems pretty clear cut. If you use other sources , then the iSCAN is a better choice. There is also the concern about losing some resolution in the extre A/D & D/A that would be necessary with a stand alone unit. In theory it would be so, but I wonder if anybody has compared this. I think when (if) players become available with a digital out are used with a scaler that can have a digital input (such as the Vigatec) this will have a significant improvement on things. I suspect problems such as unlawfull copying could maybe be why we have yet to see anything positive.

Cheers.

4. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    I agree with Rob - if its for DVD only (or mainly) I'd sit tight for the Denon 2800 which looks extremely promising. Otherwise go for the Iscan if you intend plugging in you vcr, LD etc.

Paul