Iscan pro Vs ProV

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JonMace, Dec 11, 2002.

1. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    I'm looking to improve the picture from my Tivo (original source NTL Digital).

I understand that both of the above "Line Double", I'm not worried about the inbuilt tuner.

The ProV is about £130 and the Iscan Pro is about £700. What is the main difference? Will I get far suppier results from the Iscan?

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,052
    The ProV doesn't do things like 3:2 pulldown, it is a simple deinterlacer and scaler. But for budget setups and for improving TV viewing its great.

If you were feeding a high end projector with the output from a DVD player, then maybe the iScan would be suitable. But for TV I can't see it being a big leap over the ProV, certainly not £550 worth.

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    What is 3:2 pulldown? sorry may seem like a silly question but still trying to get my head round all this, thanks in advance

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    It's how NTSC sources fit 24 frames/fields into 60hz - the first field is repeated 3 times, the next twice, the third three times, the fourth twice etc..

111,22,333,44,555,66,777,88,999,00 etc

For PAL, 24 frames per second is sped up to 25 to fit it into 50hz, so there is an even number of frames, but a slight 4% speed up in comparison to the source material.

Gary