Iscan Pro vs. internal doubler

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BenC, Nov 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenC

BenC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You may have seen from my previous posting that I've just bought a Philips DVD-963SA (PAL prog scan via component) for my Seleco SVP-400 (bought from Popeye). Alan from Owl has just informed me that the prog scan from this DVD player won't work with the pj (without a £500 mod) so the best option would be to buy an iscan pro. Great planning huh?? :blush:

I've pretty much come the end of my budget, so am tempted just to send an interlaced signal to the projector, and let the internal doubler do all the work. I used the projector in this configuration last night and was very happy with the results.

The big question is this: Will the iscan pro give me a LARGE jump in image quality over the internal line doubler? Is there anyone London based who'd be willing to give me a demo of the differences??

Cheers,

Ben.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,055
    You can buy a transcoder to turn YPrPb progressive out of your DVD player to RGBHV. Key Digital do one. It will retail for around £200 when they are in the country in mid December.

I would expect that the 400 would accept a signal in that form but you'd best check with Alan R. The de-interlacing of the DVD player (which uses the sage chipset I think) will be superior to that inside the projector.

Gordon

p.s. An Iscan is also a large leap in quality over the internal doubler in the 400

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.