1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iScan Pro Question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lynchpin, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Lynchpin

Lynchpin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To save me digging out the manual, wherever that may be...

On Convergent's site it is stated that the iScan can output component video, is that the case? (http://www.convergent-av.co.uk/video.htm)

The reason for this is that i would like to take component from the iScan into an HS10 and this appears a reasonable way of doing so, bearing in mind that it so happens I own an iScan. But on the back of the unit the only thing labelled "output" is the VGA, so I'm confused :confused:

Can anyone shed some light?

Ta

K.

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    A vga to component lead?

3. Lynchpin

Lynchpin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i thought that too and went hunting last night for one, with the help of Google and failed to turn anything up at all. :/

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
  5. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

Presumably the component video uses the three cables (and their associated ground connectors) that are normally used for the red, green and blue (and ground) signals from the vga connector. If that's the case you could use a vga to 5x bnc computer monitor cable and use bnc to phono adapters.

You need to change around some switches (or pins) INSIDE the iScan to set the output to component.

Brian