1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iscan Pro input question...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Family Guy, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the old cliche of poo in poo out hold water when using an iscan pro?
    With all the video processing that goes on inside it, does it really matter what input you use?
    Will a component input give a better output than an svideo input?

I have the 3 platefulls of spaghetti hanging out the back of my system at the moment so if I could get rid of cables I don't really need and run everything svideo into my amp and 1 svideo cable to the iscan, it would really tidy things up...

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    YES YES AND THRICE YES....

You ALWAYS want the best input signal you can. Poor source signal can make the difference between being able to detect film sequence or not.

With regard to S-video and Component. You may not notice the difference yourself but once it was shown to you you may. I'v not done the sem with an Iscan though

Gordon

3. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    does poo in poo out hold water when using an Iscan. unfortunately I've been trying to imagine that.

4. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm no expert but the Iscan is sooo good you will be hard pressed to see a difference, BUT It really does depend on your equipment. In some cases the S-video circuitry may be better than the component, in other it may just be pants.
    When I use my Iscan with my PS2 + aging Sony 725DVD I do notice a slight difference. Whether one is better, thats another matter.
    Army Bloke, why don't you try it and see. I use S-video for PS2 and component for DVD and am happy with that.
    Azzo.