1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iScan Pro and sound delay..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by museumsteve, Jul 19, 2002.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,008
    Maybe I've not been paying attention over the passed few weeks, but suddenly I;m drawn to nitice that just about everything I watch either on DVD or Sky through iScan has a slight sound delay causing some rather noticeable lip-sync. Is this an inherent problem with processors/scalers etc as obviously the picture is being pushed 'a long way round' so to speak. If this is the case, is there a fix.??

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    The Iscan has a buffer of fields so it can work out best method of de-interlacing. This puts the picture out of sync with the sound. Usually this isn't noticeable and some amps/processors have abaility to compensate for it. If there is any error in broadcast or DVD sync then it's going to be more obvious again. Sky and some DVD's do suffer this problem.

The only fix is an audio delay line or a different processor...

Gordon

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,008
    Thanks for the reply Gordon, I'm gonna try playng with the centre speaker delay..:)
    I've seen quite a few posts about the same problem over at AVS forums..and it seems to be fairly sensible effort..