1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iscan Pro and Ellie

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Boris Blank, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Anyone know if the DVDo Iscan Pro will work with the Ellie and whether the doubler in the Ellie can be switched off?
    Ta
    Paul

2. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Paulb,i cannot answer this-screensuk could tell you though.
    Having said this,the line doubler in the ellie is excellent-no softening AT ALL..

3. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Hi Charles,
    I suspect it will work but I'm not sure. Someone at my work is interested in the Ellie (despite my attempts to make him go for a Sony 10HT!), and I'm asking on his behalf. He emailed ScreensUK but no response (at least as yet).

I don't know enough about scalers/progressive scan but I'm sure it will work. Personally I'm very interested to see the Ellie in the flesh - we'll see how it pans out.

Typical Home Theatre situation though, he started off asking about widescreen tv's, came up to my place to see mine (36" Tau), saw the Sony 10HT and its blossomed from there. I told him that whilst the Sony was very good (I know you won't fully agree with that), I did say that the Ellie was better (which you will agree with :¬) ) and he's been thinking about it for the past couple of weeks. He has a non-progressive DVD player (a Sony, not sure which) and has went from composite input to scaled CRT projector in the blink of an eye! When the bug bites it bites big!!

Paul